Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 14-Nov-18
1. Information about us
Communisis PLC owns the site’s domain name. Communisis PLC is registered in England and Wales with company number 02916113 and has its registered office at Communisis House, Manston Lane, Leeds LS15 8AH.
We (Communisis Digital Ltd) operate the site. We are a Communisis group company, registered in England & Wales with company no. 04133016. Our registered office is the same as Communisis PLC’s.
We showcase our own work on this site.
The Communisis group VAT registration number is GB740687713.
You can find more information about Communisis group companies on the Communisis PLC website at http://www.communisis.com/investors/company-details.
- changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or
- changes to address new problems or issues, or simply,
- changes to make the terms clearer.
3. Changes to our sites
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update that content.
4. Accessing our site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the service we provide on the site without notice. We will not be liable to you if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your login details, you must promptly notify us by contacting us. Please use the “contact us” details on the site in the first instance.
5. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any pages from our site for personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site. You may also share our site content as permitted by the site functionality, for example through any RSS feed, facility to share pages or publish content through social media.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
6. Information about you and your visits to our site
You can get in touch by email or telephone or you can visit us. If you are interested in joining our team, please email us your CV and details. Please see the contact section on the site for how to do all that. You must ensure that all personal information you provide when you get in touch or send us your CV is accurate. To protect your personal information we recommend that you encrypt your CV and tell us separately from the communication attaching your CV how to decrypt it.
7. No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. Blogs, commentary, content or other material posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Professional or specialist advice must be obtained before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the material on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
8. Our liability to businesses
This paragraph 8 only applies to businesses.
References to “we” and “our” in this paragraph means the site operator and, where applicable, other members of the Communisis group of companies and third parties connected to any Communisis group company.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site, or
- use of, or reliance placed on, material on our site by any visitor, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue,
- business interruption,
- loss of anticipated savings,
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation,
- wasted management or office time, or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a denial-of-service (DoS) attack (including a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack), man-in-the-middle (MitM) attack or other form of attack, virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of, or services provided by, websites linked to our site. Links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to any separate contract between us. Please see paragraph 10 (Contracts with us) for links to our terms and conditions of business.
9. Our liability to consumers
This paragraph 9 only applies to consumers.
If you are a consumer, for example if you are applying for a job through our site, please note that we only provide our information for consumers for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes (for example, you will not use any jobs advertised for the purpose of populating a job recruitment site), and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
10. Contracts with us
Many Communisis contracts for the purchase or sale of goods or services or for the supply of data or data services are governed by our terms and conditions of business. We will give you our own Communisis Activate-specific terms before we contract with you.
11. Acceptable use
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation,
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect,
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way,
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards in paragraph 12 (Your content),
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam), or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in breach of paragraph 5 (Intellectual property rights); and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site,
- any equipment on which our site is stored,
- any network to which our site is connected,
- any software used in the provision of our site, or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
12. Your content
Our site may allow you to provide content. If it does, and if you comment on any of our blogs, upload documents or other material or post other content to our site, or make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out below. You must ensure that your contribution complies with those standards. We will require you to compensate us for the full amount of any loss, expenses and costs we incur because your contribution does not comply with our standards.
We will assume that your contribution is not confidential and that you own the rights in it or have permission from the relevant person to upload or post it to our site. You give us permission to use, copy, distribute and disclose that contribution to third parties for any purpose. Please note that we may disclose your identity to any third party who claims that your contribution breaches their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any contribution uploaded or posted by you or by any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any contribution if, in our opinion, it does not comply with our content standards.
12.1. Content standards
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts),
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions),
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person,
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory,
- promote sexually explicit material,
- promote violence,
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age,
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person,
- be likely to deceive any person,
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence,
- promote any illegal activity,
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety,
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person,
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person,
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case, or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs, viruses or malware.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus and malware protection software.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to content on the site (hacking or cracking). Neither must you deliberately do anything which would seriously hinder the operation of our site, i.e. commit unauthorised acts with intent to impair the site’s operation, for example by launching any form of denial-of-service (DoS) attack or distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack, man-in-the-middle (MitM) attack or introducing malicious codes such as viruses or malware.
Those acts may be criminal offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 or other laws. We will report any such act by you (or which we reasonably consider to have been committed by you) to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will disclose your identity to them and co-operate with them fully. Your right to use our site will cease immediately.
14. Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You may not link to any part of our site other than the home page. You may only link from a website that you either own or have permission to operate. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in paragraph 12 (Your content). You must not frame our site on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
15. Links from our site
Our site contains links to our accounts on social media platforms and embedded links to videos of our work on third party platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo. Please read the terms and policies on these social media and other platforms, and only use the platforms or view the videos if you agree with those terms and policies.
Our site may have links to other websites and resources provided by third parties. We provide these links for information purposes only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
16. Breaches of these terms
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our site. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with the requirements of paragraph 11 (Acceptable use) or paragraph 12 (Your content) constitutes a material breach, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site,
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site,
- issue of a warning to you,
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach,
- further legal action against you,
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described above are not exhaustive, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
17. Jurisdiction and applicable law
18. Getting in touch
If you have any concerns about our site or its contents, please contact us using the “contact” section on the site. Our email address is email@example.com and our telephone number is +44 (0)207 224 3456 (London).
Thank you for visiting our site.